Friday, November 13, 2009


In continuing my Yellowstone series, I am currently working on 5 different paintings. Several are now nearing completion and I think I am pretty well finished with this Oil Painting, SNAKE RIVER GRIZZLY. It is 12"x24". I actually used the area just outside the south gate to Yellowstone as my background. This is along the Sanke River bottoms and I have used the north end of the Teton Mountains as a background. These are the most fabulous meadows and river bottom habitats and make for the greatest source of inspiration and painting opportunities. We spend quite a bit of time in various seasons here and this is not the first time nor will it be the last time I will use this area in paintings.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful work, I love the whole series.
Yellowstone Park is an amazing place and you have depicted it wonderfully.

Unknown said...

This is a great series on the Yellowstone National Park. I am enjoying your paintings very much.

Glad it's not the last time you will use this area to paint. It's so beautiful as is all your paintings.

Great job.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Oh wow, Gary! How solitary and wonderful is this? I love the trees and the solitary figure of the bear. I hope your injury does not intererfere with this one....Stay stong..
Susan

Unknown said...

A fabulout series of paintings, and this one is terrific!

Lynda Schumacher said...

This is very nice, Gary. Not only is it a beautiful image, but you have captured the sense of the receding landscape so well through your use of color, etc. Beautifully done.

Krista Hasson said...

Beautiful, you never cease to amaze me!

Celebration of Life said...

The entire painting is awesome but I am especially fond of the trees; they look so realistic!
Jo

Teresa said...

This is beautiful, Gary... you did a wonderful job on those mountains... so atmospheric!