Monday, November 9, 2009

I have been working pretty diligently on this Oil Painting, BEAR CREEK MORNING, 22"x28" image size and will be my entry for one of the Purchase Awards at the Two-Shot Show in December. This is the larger award which I won last year so am trying to make it two years in a row. For those who follow my blog you may recognize my love of Bear Creek which is so spectacular in the fall with such great compositions and contrasts of color and value of Dark Spruce and light enhanced Cottonwoods. Particularly in the evening and mornings.

9 comments:

Kim Leseberg said...

Wow, I really like that one Dad.

Sue Clinker said...

So do I. I love the photos and the paintings you have produced from them. You certainly live in a spectacularly beautiful place

Erik van Elven said...

Must be awesome to live there Gary, what a beautiful scenery. Hope you win.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

From the fallen wood in the foreground to the glorious color throughout, following that winding creek toward those misty mountains behind all make this is a wonderful painting! You are very fortunate to live among this much beauty.

Janet Belich said...

A winner in MY book, Gary.

Gary Keimig said...

thanks all. We will see what happens. The show is 2nd week of December.

Vicki Greene said...

Best of luck to you in the show. The painting is lovely.

Unknown said...

Just stunning Gary, great to see your paintings again. Best wishes for December

Celebration of Life said...

Very beautiful, Gary!