Sunday, June 6, 2010

I have been working on this 11"x14" Oil Painting, Subalpine Stream off and on between several larger paintings for the past week. I will probably do some touch up yet but it is essentially done. I love these mountain streams that are found in the Sub alpine areas. They are past, for the most part, the tumultuous descent of falls and fast water and leisurly flow through mainly old growth forests on their way to join larger streams. Full of lush growth of grasses, sedges and wild flowers they are a quiet delight. And the same to paint.

2 comments:

Shirley Marshall said...

A very charming little painting, with it's subtle colour variations, and beautiful light.

Carol Brown said...

Nice job on the water color. While checking out your beautiful blues in the middle ground I realized I could hear the happy little gurgle of the stream.