Thursday, May 6, 2010

At 5:00 this morning it was 15 degees F and had quite snowing with signs of clearing. Just perfect for a winter look on May 6. There is 2" of fresh snow on the ground and this is the 4th day in a row that we have had some snow. Yesterday we had a high of 31 degrees. This is May? We are used to very cool to cold springs and can get snow at any time of the year but we are getting no warm days whatsoever and the long range forcast is promising more of the same. A number of hiways in Wyoming are closed again including I-25 and I-90.
I just had to spend a couple of hours in the mountains and as it is my turn to run the gallery I have to be back by 8:00. So. Here I am photographing Elk that I have run into. Not as many seen as last few times out. They are moving higher and further back and harder to find. I did see a zillion Mule Deer and ended up shooting 60 pictures. Thank God for digital.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I would guess that if the elk are moving higher and further back, then that might well be an indication that spring really IS on the way, despite the weather? One can only hope, yes?