Sunday, March 21, 2010


I must be having an Oil painting block as yesterday I could not seem to get enthused enough to work on my Deer painting so I went to my watercolors and began this 11"x20" Gouache Watercolor on 300#Arches Watercolor paper. Got the background in and the middle trees along with the Hay meadow started. I plan to have a big old Cottonwood coming up from the foreground that will work perfectly to give me some verticle to all the horizontal I have going on. This is a scene from the Upper Platte River valley south of Saratoga, Wyoming. After Dubois this is one of my favorite places in the country.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I can understand why this is one of your favorite places. What a view!

Krista Hasson said...

Wow! Fantastic sky.
Your Deer painting is really coming along. I can' wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

i was expecting to see the deer painting finished and have been pleasently surprised by this breath taking piece. and good to hear i'm not alone in the painter's block division:)

Autumn Leaves said...

Look at those gorgeous storm clouds! I can't wait to see this finished Gary!

Vicki Greene said...

Wonderful sky Gary!

Teresa Mallen said...

Love the hills in the distance. As for the oil painting block, yup - get some tunes on and get swinging those hips! :-)