Tuesday, February 16, 2010


I spent some time yesterday afternoon and this morning working on this painting, COTTONWOODS ON THE EAST FORK. It is 11"x14" Oil Painting on canvas. I still have another sitting on it bringing out a few more darks and lights in the trees and still not too happy with the ridge in the background.
My wonderful feeling chest cold was about to get to me so I made a little trip to the Dubois Clinic where I got checked out and some anti biotics prescribed. Nice thing about a little place like Dubois is getting checked out by folks you have known for years. Michelle, the nurse was trying to remember if it was Mollasas or Ginger cookies that were my favorite? or if there was a difference. I don't think so so I have a promise from her of getting a home delivery of Ginger cookies. The PA remembered what I was given two years ago for a bad cold and prescribed the same hoping it will work out again. He has a good memory. Now if it will work? Wonder how long it takes Michelle to make Ginger cookies?

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Not only is the cottonwood coming along beautifully but you are scoring some cookies too? A great day for sure!

debwardart said...

Small community does give a good feeling - I always knew that if the kids acted up, someone was sure to let me know! But on the downside - seems like someone always knows "your business"!!! And now you've got me hungry for cookies - wonder if I have enough ingredients to make some???
Hope your cold clears up quickly.
(And if I had your address I'd be sure to send some snow your way!!! I've got more than plenty to get rid of!)

CountryDreaming said...

Love the color and texture of the cottonwood. Have some tea with those ginger cookies and get well soon!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

The spicy cookies might clear your sinuses and help the antibiotics to work better! Love the colors of the cottonwood; wow, those are gorgeous.

Nan Johnson said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colors against each other. Wonderful