Friday, December 25, 2009

I haven't done this in a while and several artist friends have drawn my attention to the fact. Recording a painting from start to end. So here is the start of a painting I have been tossing around in my head since last spring. I had taken some photos of a melting snow bank and thought it might work to include a grizzly just emerged from hibernation walking through the sage with this unmelted bank of snow. I have quickly sketched[painted]things in with watercolor mixed with gouache white on #1 illustration board. 15"x24". I have taped 5/8" of the edges with drafting tape. I am planning to use a mat color of some sort this width along with a heavier Oil type frame upon completion. The mat[if all goes as planned will be 3/4". I don't know yet if I will glass it or varnish with a watercolor varnish.

No comments: