Friday, May 29, 2009

Today turned out to be the nicest day of the season and we at Silversage Gallery decided to have a barbeque out our back door next to the town Parking lot. We had picked up a brand new barbequer and I put it together and must have done a pretty good job as there were no parts left over. Some cooked chicken breasts and hotdogs and good friends and we were off. From left myself, Tom Lucas, Dan Miller peaking around the corner, my wife, Vicki, Tammy Lucas in the chair, Les LeFevre, and Chris Phelps. Les wife, Cathy was kind enough to take our picture.
Tom had a really great sales day but balked when I tried to change the menu from chicken to lobster.
We did shortly have to retire inside as we soon noticed a Mountain Bluebird pair were trying to build a nest in a hole in the cinderblock wall of the building just above the Barbequer. They were having a hard time trying to put up with our activity.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In our house, the slightest bit of sunshine is good enough to bring out the bbq! Meat tastes so much better grilled outside doesnt it:o)

Gary Keimig said...

That is sure the truth Sam. Even at home in many forms of weather my wife will be out on our deck using the grill.
We thought maybe this would be a weekly event on fridays. I even suggested we could dole out hotdogs to the tourists after 9:00 as that is the time all the restauarants and cafe's are closed down much to the dissapointment of our tourists who don't get to town on time or have been out in the mountains. Who knows maybe that would even lend itself to new friends and sales? Uh Oh. Greed setting in.
Yesterday we had some friends even give us an ice cream maker. Hmm!

Stacy said...

Gary, thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoyed coming here, viewing your lovely art and reading about your adventures. I spent some time in Green River, Wyoming when I was in my early 20s. I worked for FMC and spent some time at their soda ash plant there. Found time to take in the beauty of Flaming Gorge and Jackson Hole on the weekends.

Gary Keimig said...

Thanks for your comment stacy. Did you ever get up to the Green River Lakes area out of Pinedale? One of my favorite places in this world.