Tuesday, August 10, 2010


This is a pretty energetic painting that I have been thinking about for a while and contains an awful lot of elements that I am now trying to tie together and make a painting of. I have underpainted it in Acrylic just to get a base on then detailing it out in Oil. it will be pretty flat looking when detailed out and I will then have to pick out lights and darks to make it a painting. If everything goes to plan. Right now it is a botanical nightmare of mostly blue Lupine and some wild Geraniums. It is 24"x30 " Oil Painting on gessoed masonite[untempered]

8 comments:

Katherine Kean said...

The blue of the lupines is wonderful, and the deer is very sweet. It's going to be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Is this a deer or a bat ?

Unknown said...

I think this is going to be very special...I can visualize where this is going.

Love the Lupine and wild geraniums.
Interesting how you mix acrylic and oil.

Anonymous said...

Gary. i love this the way it is! it is almost abstract!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a lovely scene. I can't wait to see it finished. I so love wildflowers and wild animals! And forests...

Gary Keimig said...

thank you all for your comments.
Rahina, I think that was what Anonymous was alluding to. Tammy Tammy Tammy! LOL The gallery girls were giving me a bad time about what was transpiring befor I got the deer in as they thought it looked like a bat. They are going to have to get out of their caves and see what is going on in the world. LOL. I am off to a show so will not be able to get back onto this for the next week.

r garriott said...

Isn't this lovely. I think you're quite brave, all the flowers.

Teresa said...

Interesting to read a little about your working techniques. Going to be a beautiful painting.. not a "botanical nightmare" at all!