Tuesday, August 10, 2010


This is a pretty energetic painting that I have been thinking about for a while and contains an awful lot of elements that I am now trying to tie together and make a painting of. I have underpainted it in Acrylic just to get a base on then detailing it out in Oil. it will be pretty flat looking when detailed out and I will then have to pick out lights and darks to make it a painting. If everything goes to plan. Right now it is a botanical nightmare of mostly blue Lupine and some wild Geraniums. It is 24"x30 " Oil Painting on gessoed masonite[untempered]

8 comments:

Katherine Kean said...

The blue of the lupines is wonderful, and the deer is very sweet. It's going to be gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Is this a deer or a bat ?

Dors said...

I think this is going to be very special...I can visualize where this is going.

Love the Lupine and wild geraniums.
Interesting how you mix acrylic and oil.

rahina q.h. said...

Gary. i love this the way it is! it is almost abstract!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a lovely scene. I can't wait to see it finished. I so love wildflowers and wild animals! And forests...

Gary Keimig said...

thank you all for your comments.
Rahina, I think that was what Anonymous was alluding to. Tammy Tammy Tammy! LOL The gallery girls were giving me a bad time about what was transpiring befor I got the deer in as they thought it looked like a bat. They are going to have to get out of their caves and see what is going on in the world. LOL. I am off to a show so will not be able to get back onto this for the next week.

r garriott said...

Isn't this lovely. I think you're quite brave, all the flowers.

Teresa said...

Interesting to read a little about your working techniques. Going to be a beautiful painting.. not a "botanical nightmare" at all!