Sunday, July 20, 2008

It has ben a pretty hectic month and I have fallen behind a little on posting.
The gallery has been very busy which means long hours and lots of work. I was in Saratoga. Wyoming for the annual Upper Platte Valley Art show which was held in their new Art Center. It is quit a building and very well designed and a great place for a show. They had cut the show down to just one day and began it on the evening of the 4th with the quick-draw that same evening. I think that hurt the show and the attendance for that evening. Folks really came out on the 5th though. I was the featured artist and they used one of my paintings for this years poster. I won a merit award on the judging. For Landscape which was for the painting, Sheep Mountain posted earlier on this site. Had several sales and my quick draw went very well.
From Saratoga we went on down to Golden, Colorado to replenish the Spirits in the Wind Gallery that handles my work. Check them out. It is a nice gallery located in the heart of downtown Golden and is run by some really wonderful people. Also got to see some family down that way in Granby and in Golden. Nice long day trip.
The National WRVAG Show is now going on. It is a judged show and what with the gallery in full swing I entered several paintings at the last minute. I did win an honorable mention in the oil division but really should not have entered as I pretty hastily entered what I didn't think was my best things, wanting to save them for my own gallery.

No comments: