Monday, June 30, 2008

As has become our habit this spring, my pardner, Tom Lucas and myself rose early in the morning this past saturday to check things out in the high country. We ran into snow at the 9,000 foot level while trying the road[trail] into the Ramshorn Lakes north of Dubois. There is still more snow on the ground there than bare ground but the lakes were unfrozen and it was a beautiful morning. On the way up we watched two Bull elk climbing a pretty steep hill which was sure winding them. Just to get out of the way of two old cowboy artists. On our return we ran into two fawn Mule Deer fawns and I got a number of pictures of them.

2 comments:

Velvet Ginger said...

Just blog hopping here...saw you were from Wy, I grew up in Pinedale (game warden's daughter) migrated south to AZ 8 years ago. I get homesick for the clear water, vast mountains and wildife. Great photos...and art work!

Gary Keimig said...

Thanks Velvet. It is great country