Sunday, September 11, 2011

MT MORAN
16"X20" Gouache Watercolor Painting.
I along with my gallery pardner, Tom Lucas were the featured artists at the GRAND TETON Gallery in Jackson, Wyoming yesterday.  All a part of the several weeks long art events of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival.  We spent the day there painting with Les Lefevre and Deb Penk Reeb.  A fun day for sure.
This was my painting.  A gouache Watercolor Painting. 
Next weekend is the biggest day of the events with art galleries full of artists, receptions, and food everywhere.  The Miniature show will be going on at the National Wildlife Art Gallery and it is the big Quick-draw event where I will be one of the participating artists.

10 comments:

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful Gary!! The colors are so outstanding and reflections..OMGoodness!

AutumnLeaves said...

So beautiful and majestic, Gary! Your work always inspire that feeling in me.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Oh wow! Gary this is gorgeous!! I love it! Beautiful colors in this!

Judy P. said...

My goodness, you've been busy with great painting adventures. I think your art has gotten stronger since I first started following your blog. This one is majestic!

Linda Young said...

Breathtaking! Simply took my breath away and has made me want to travel there next year. Thank you for the lovely paintings and visual jogging to my memory.
Sincerely,
Linda
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Celeste Bergin said...

wow...what a painting! It is really bathed in beautiful light. you da man!

Susan Roux said...

Wow Gary! This painting is just a WOW. What else can I saw? Enjoy the rest of the activities!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Although all of your paintings have become favorites of mine, I think this one really tops the list! I think it is because of the warmer colors throughout, it is just so integrated and perfectly painted.

Caroline said...

This is one of my favourites of yours Gary what a beautiful watercolour painting, the light is incredible. Jackson, is this the place Johnny Cash sang about, I wonder.

Stephanie said...

Absolutely GRAND. Well done, indeed.