Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yesterday Vicki and I went up to the Diamond G ranch to photograph Moose. Deb Robinett wife of ranch manager Jon Robinett has been after me to get up there as they have had a number of Moose on the hay wagon. It was an interesting trip in as we were bucking some pretty good drifts. It is quite a drive in off the hiway and particularly this year with record amounts of snow. there has to be 3 feet at the ranch and then a lot of drifting. It is in a beautiful valley surrounded by high mountain peaks. Deb is a first class Wildlife photograher that we handle in our gallery. Her photos particularly of wolves and Grizzlies are outstanding.

5 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Outstanding, my jaw hit my keyboard when I saw this!

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh my, what an awesome ranch......I'm not usually covetous of anyone else's possessions abut this rance is just over the top and I wish it were mine............!

LES LEFEVRE said...

As I said before you have guts. I would have gotten stuck and had to call Bull to pull me out. Three foot of snow with drifts will stop your 4 wheel drive for sure.

Gary Keimig said...

Deb had told me it had blown really hard but didn't think I would have any trouble. There were a number of spots I was hitting drifts pretty good and it would buckle the truck. Hardest part was in that overcast light everything was white and there is only one lane for about4-5 miles just seeing the road was an adventure. Yesterday morning I got an e-mail from Jon and Deb saying it was a good thing I was an old ranch kid as they took the snowblower down and she was surprised I had made it.:-)

Robin Roberts said...

Gosh gee golly wow
thanks for all that effort.
and the auction entry, beeeeutiful too.