Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In the course of redoing my studio some of the treasures I ran across were old paintings set aside over the last several years. Things I either put aside wondering what to do with them or not quite bad enough to dump but one day...
So I have been working the past several days on resurections.
CHINESE WALL
8"x10" Oil Painting
this is a scene west of Cody, Wyoming along the north fork of the Shoshone River on the way to Yellowstone Natl. Park . A large volcanic extrusion pierces the skyline for miles on both sides of the river running north to south. It is called the Chinese Wall.

6 comments:

CountryDreaming said...

A dreamy, pleasing landscape with soft lighting, soft shadows, and textured grasses.

Leslie Redhead Watercolors said...

Love this one! Your work makes me want to consider moving to Wyoming.

Cobalt Violet said...

Wow! Those mountains!! ... Gorgeous and I love all the color!

Kathryn Hansen said...

nice to know i'm not the only one who has a pile of old art work!!

i love the way the light hits that very cool mountain range!!

Sunish said...

Beautiful!

Snuff said...

I love your work Gary! Thank you very much for sharing.