Tuesday, January 18, 2011


I worked on this oil yesterday afternoon after spending the morning still reworking my studio. I think I have it pretty well finished. I will stick a frame on it and put it on my "visualizing" easle to look it over from time to time over the next week or so.
NEAR CROWHEART
14"x18" Oil Painting on Ray Mar canvas board
This is a scene from near Crowheart about 30 miles east of Dubois. An area of hay ranches tucked beneath the Wind River Mountain range. The highest mountains in Wyoming.

11 comments:

Judy P. said...

Nice sense of range and scope; I can imagine standing there and feeling the wind.

Colette Theriault said...

wow, lovely painting Gary! You are so lucky to live where you do...the scenery is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing.

martinealison said...

Vous avez beaucoup de mérite, après les travaux de maison, vous avez trouvé le temps de terminer cette belle oeuvre. En ce qui me concerne lorsque je travaille au jardin, je n'ai plus de force dans mon poignet pour peindre...
Il y a une grande profondeur dans cette peinture. Vos montagnes sont toujours aussi belles, mais je crois que vous les connaissez tant que vous seriez capable de les peindre les yeux fermé.
Bisous

Jennifer Taylor said...

Gary, I love how you bring a ton of light into your paintings. They just glow and feel so real. Very cool work.

Karen said...

Beautiful...

Dors said...

Wonderful work Gary and congratulation on being represented on Perez Fine Art Gallery

yasha said...

This is magnificent.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Gary..You have painted a perfect rendition of the scene that comes to my mind when something mentions the word "Wyoming". The mountains surrounding the endless hay fields, dotted by the windswept trees is so perfect for this area. Just perfection!

Karen said...

Wow this is stunning! beautiful work

Teresa said...

Beautiful, Gary. Love the expansive sky and the blues playing against the golds.

sam said...

Looks very idyllic Gary, I bet you could get lost in a landscape like that)