Friday, July 16, 2010


I had posted this painting several months ago and I then entered it into the WRVAG Show held here in Dubois. This is one of the largest Art Guild run shows in the nation and this year had well over 400 entries nationwide. A number of our gallery artists enter and it is pretty cool to announce a number of them won awards in the show. I won top Landscape Award with RAMSHORN PEAK. 15"x30" Oil Painting on Canvas. [pictured above]The show reception that kicks off the 10 day show was this evening and it was nearly standing room only. Will be a lot easier to return later to really view the show. There is some outstanding art displayed there and sales this evening were pretty brisk.

11 comments:

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Wow..congratulations. That is such a beautiful painting. I sure wanted to be there tonight...I sent five small paintings. I was there in spirit. I sure hope you will post some photos of the show if you took any. I can't wait to hear more about it. Have fun!

hbedrosian said...

Congratulations, Gary! It is a truly breathtaking piece.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Well-deserved win! Congratulations, and I'm so glad to hear sales were good, too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Gary - so well deserved - your landscapes are such a joy to view!!! :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Awesome, Gary! Congratulations!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Congratulations, Gary. This painting must be good for the soul: one can get lost in its great depth!

You can never take too many pictures said...

This painting sets my soul free and to soar above on Eagles wings....talk about Evoking one's feelings...your work is stunning!!!! I will be visiting your link every chance I get....I work a bit in acrylics but find it so hard to put my camera down these days...hope you check out my work on the older posts of my site....

Janet Belich said...

A winner in sooo many ways, Gary !!! Super happy for all you accomplishments of late !! Some day I'm gonna see these in person !!!

Vern Schwarz said...

Belated congratulations on winning the award with this beautiful painting Gary. The depth is amazing.

Teresa said...

Congratulations Gary!! It's a beautiful painting... so much depth and atmosphere. Obviously the judges have good taste :-)

Ann Buckner said...

I'm late with the Congratulations, Gary. Just saw that you had won this award on a Facebook post. Maybe one day soon I will see your work in person.