Friday, June 25, 2010

I have pretty well finished my Gouache Watercolor on Arches 300# Hot press paper. I see a few things to work over but it is essentially finished. It is 13.5"x21.5" image size.
It has turned warm in Dubois and even a little hot in the gallery painting in the window. 81 degrees today. Lots of folks in and we got to meet and visit with many who seem to love watching Tom and myself painting away and trading barbs at one another. We both love doing it. Tom even held an impromptu session out the back door napping arrowheads this evening. That was an attention getter and it wasn't long befor a pretty good crowd had discovered what was going on and trapsed through the gallery and out the back door to watch the master at work.

7 comments:

Charlene Brown said...

I was just admiring Laramie Peak, and noticed this link. How do you produce so many wonderful paintings for all your blogs? Loved this story about painting in the window of the gallery, and the painting is turning into a real treasure.

Unknown said...

Well this is wonderful work Gary
You know I am sure that water rippled. it is so realistic.

Great job.

Autumn Leaves said...

Gorgeous grasses and reflective surfaces, Gary.

Becky Joy said...

Very nice piece. Nice to hear about you and Tom. Say hi to Tammy and Tom for me.

meaningful life said...

very nice work !, i truly enjoy your work. ben

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

That is a wonderful painting. I wish I could be there for the Dubois show.

Valley Art Project said...

Love your work! I was wondering though, how do you produce a digital image of your work to then transfer it to your blog and have the colors close to the original?