Tuesday, December 8, 2009


It has turned bitter cold here since Thanksgiving. We have not had the snow some parts of the country have but there is several inches on the ground and with the last few nights at -17 and -18 and highs only to -3 yesterday and hoping to get that warm today we are feeling the effects of it. Ducks and Geese are seemingly enjoying the warmer river water outside my studio window. They look cold but I guess that warmer water is better than sitting out on the cold ground. Mist rising from the warmer water into the frigid air makes for a really surreal looking scene. All the trees and brush along the river are dressed in a heavy coat of frost and snow. It really is beautiful and some great painting opportunities. I just might have to try something with this photo I took.
My painting has really slowed down as I seem to be having trouble getting the swelling down on my foot to be able to start therapy on it. This morning I went to the Therapist practitioner and he put me in a vecroed getup from my knee to my toes. It is a nice massage type machine and in 30 minutes it was a wonder what it did. He sent it home with us so that might be pretty relaxing way to spend this afternoon.
I also have really slowed down on my Painting-a-Days. Will get back to them as soon as I can. Thanks all for your e-mails and comments. They really mean a lot to me.
God bless and Merry Christmas all.

6 comments:

LES LEFEVRE said...

Well Cowboy, maybe I am glad I am here in Ohio with rain and the prediction of 50 to 60 mile an hour winds tomorrow. Too early in the year for -18. I feel for Vicky driving in that blizzard. It scares the you know what out of you know who. Leave those casts and pins alone, you have no place to hike now anyway with that weather. Thinking about you and the gang as well.

Lynda Schumacher said...

Hi Gary -- I'd been thinking of you, and lo and behold, then there is that nice comment on my blog! I sure hope that "velcroed getup" continues to help. You sure deserve to get on the other side of all this. Keep taking good care of yourself Gary.

Leslie said...

What a beautiful scene to gaze upon! Maybe you're just meant to sit and enjoy it and let yourself heal. Hope you continue to do so.

Anonymous said...

Gary, those ducks have got the right idea keeping their feet in that warmer water: having this view at your doorstep is wonderful... i would definately be checking the water out, dipping my toe in that water:) hope the new contraption gets you on the mend soon and back to your paints:)

Ann Buckner said...

Good to hear that "boot" is helping your foot. What a beautiful view you have but don't envy you your temps. Stay warm.

Gary Keimig said...

thanks for all the kind comments.
This morning the temp finally broke zero. Kinda wierd how zero feels warm. Guess that is climitizing??It hit -23 last night at 9:00 then the wind came up[chinook]and all night steadily rose till it was -5 at sunrise. That is Wyoming for you but now the snow is really drifting and that wind feels cold.