Thursday, May 7, 2009

I don't know why it is but after working so long on a commission painting I get to where I can't stand looking at it any more. It is sure money coming in but why is it so hard to stay focused on a commission piece? But. It has to be done though it is July befor my collector will be in town and so I have forced myself to get excited about finishing this up. For those of you who have followed me as I have painted on this I apologize for taking so long in getting back to it. I did spend a lot of time today on the painting and am getting close. I set it up and my pardner and I got to critiquing it and find a number of things that bothered us both about it. That opening of light on sagebrush is a terrible distraction and some of the light under the Aspens need work on. I am determined to work it out though so will promise to repost tommorow and that should give me incentive to finish it up.

No comments: